Single Flow Feeder
The feed rate of the Noble Single-Flow Feeder is accurately controlled either locally or remotely. Feed rates are determined by the speed of movement, not the distance the pan moves. The material enters through the feed “throat” and flows into a horizontal feed pan that extends beyond the material’s natural angle of repose (approximately 37°) to prevent free-flowing. The feed pan moves at a varying rate to control flow and to prevent material buildup and clogging. The pan oscillates up to 1/2″ in each direction, parallel to the conveyor, causing material beneath to be displaced and discharged.
The Single-Flow Feeder’s discharge opening is twice as large as the Noble Dual-Flow Feeder, therefore more headroom is necessary. As the material is discharged, it is replaced by an equal amount of material over the feed throat entry, resulting in positive displacement feeding. The feeder discharge is so close to the conveyor, large rocks drop only a short distance and belt damage is prevented. Since the tail section of the conveyor only needs to extend slightly past the feeder’s discharge point, the Noble Single-Flow Feeder also is ideal for use at the tail end of reclaim tunnel conveyors.
The Noble Single-Flow Feeder requires minimal maintenance and is easy to install. The feed pan liners are abrasion-resistant, preventing caking and buildup of sticky material. The liners are also sectional — 2-3 sections on each side and 3-4 on the bottom — so only worn sections are easily replaced by operating personnel. The pan’s slight lifting action at the discharge point also prevents shearing and excessive liner wear.
The Single-Flow Feeder is shipped completely assembled. The feed “throat” entry is flanged for bolting to the bottom of bins or reclaim tunnel feed entry chutes. An optional companion flange is available or customer-provided flanges can be approved for easy installation before the feeder arrives.
Download the Brochure by clicking this
- Formed and welded steel
Feed pan wear liners
- One section of abrasion-resistant steel at bottom of pan discharge point. Balance of pan is lined with sections of abrasion-resistant steel
- Feed Rates Are Accurately Determined By Space & Easily Controlled By Standard Motor Controls.
- Optional remote control includes readout meter indicating percentage of feed capacity
Outer shaft bearings
- Piloted Flange tapered roller bearings
- Over-sized heavy-duty ball bearings
- 1200 rpm, 230/460 v, 3 phase, 60 Hz, totally enclosed fan cooled
Hydraulic power unit
- 115 VAC, 1 hp motor, 1 phase, 60 Hz, totally enclosed fan cooled
- 4 different sizes available with tonnage capacities from 450 to 1820 TPH