- Supraton Colloid mill with variable speed controller. Read out in rpm on panel.
- Bitumen pump 2.3 lt/min (.60 gpm) variable speed positive displacement pump with electric motor. Read out in estimated flow on panel.
- Latex system consisting of peristaltic pump, speed controller and readout - .48 lt/min (.13 gpm) capacity.
- Soap system consisting of peristaltic pump, speed controller and readout - 2.0 lt/min (.53 gpm) capacity.
Feed tanks:3 stainless steel tanks
- * Tank 1: 20 lt (5.25 gal) for bitumen with electrical heating element and mixer with recirculation.
- * Tank 2: 20 lt (5.25 gal) for soap with electrical heating element and optional mixer
- * Tank 3: 2.0 lt (0.5 gal) for latex
- Bitumen and soap piping provides for re-circulation
- Heat exchanger coaxial type in line with throttle valve, pressure gauge/thermometer
- * Heating system - electrical heat tracing of asphalt pump and lines.
- * Band heaters in asphalt tank and soap tank
- Stem thermometers in asphalt and soap tanks
- Thermocouple in asphalt and soap lines
- RTD temperature sensor in emulsion line
- Bitumen flow indicator based on pump speed
- Control of binder content is achieved by exit temperature monitoring based on soap and bitumen temperature and/or by calibration of soap flow versus bitumen flow
- Stop/start/speed control for mill and all pumps
- Bitumen pump and soap pumps may be run in recirculation mode and unit is opened to production by three way valves.
- Exit valve may be in sample or waste mode.
- May be operated under pressure for SBS emulsions.
- Speed controller on mill to simulate different shear rates to calibrate to any production mill.
- Pressure gauge installed on mill.
- System is mounted on a trolley made from stainless steel.
- Electrical system is 3 phase to suit customer. Please specify.